Your personal information
- Ensure the advice we give you is correct
- To retrieve your information if you need another service
- To provide anonymous statistics to our stakeholders
- To share with our partners who provide services to you.
- Make sure you know why we need it
- Ask only for what we need
- Not collect too much or irrelevant information
- Protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who should not.
- We abide by the law including the Data Protection Act 1998 when handling personal information.
- We ensure that if your information is shared with another organisation, this is only done with your permission.
- We follow the Information Commissioner’s Office’s ‘Data Sharing Code of Practice’ when we share information to ensure the other organisation treats your information with the same level of care as Citizens Advice.
- Citizens Advice does not sell personal information about our clients, staff or volunteers to commercial organisations.
- We provide training to staff who handle personal information and respond appropriately if personal information is not used or protected properly.